With partner Joe R. Anderson at the helm, the workers’ compensation attorneys of BAJB represent insurance carriers and employers in benefit and medical review disputes before the Texas Department of Insurance Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) throughout Texas. BAJB provides complete services, from the claims inception phase through argument before the Texas Supreme Court.
- Represent clients at administrative hearings (BRCs and BCCHs).
- Resolve benefit disputes.
- File DWC appeals and responses.
- Defend clients in compliance and practice matters
- Evaluate procedures to help clients avoid regulatory and bad faith consequences.
- Consult on claims management issues.
- Consult on legislative issues.
- Act as DWC representative.
- Represent carriers at DWC.
- Litigate contested cases.
- Provide expert witness services
BAJB attorneys present numerous seminars on workers’ compensation topics. Their audiences include insurance adjusters, insurance company employees, risk managers, employers, and Texas Department of Insurance Division of Workers’ Compensation personnel.
Important Contacts & Links
- Workers’ comp litigation – David Brenner
- Legislative services – Nick Huestis
- DWC representation – Nick Huestis
- DWC Administrative Practice – Joe R. Anderson
- Seminars – Joe R. Anderson
- More information – Joe R. Anderson
- DWC – www.tdi.state.tx.us/wc/indexwc.html
Clients (Insurance Companies and Employers)
- ACE/ESIS Insurance Companies
- American Insurance Association
- Amerisure Company
- Berkley Specialty Underwriting Managers, L.L.C.
- Chartis Insurance
- Claims Administrative Services, Inc.
- CNA Insurance Companies
- Continental Insurance Company
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Empire Fire & Marine Insurance Company
- GAB Claims Services
- Gallagher Bassett Services
- The Hartford
- Hickerson Cable Co.
- ITT Specialty Risk
- JI Specialty
- Kansas City Southern Railway Company
- Kelly Services
- Managed Comp
- National American Insurance Co.
- Parkland Hospital
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services
- Service Lloyds Insurance Company
- Texas Association of Counties
- Texas Association of School Boards
- Tokio Marine and Nichido Fire Insurance Company
- Zurich Insurance Company