We have researched and litigated the duty to defend and the duty to indemnify in large-exposure coverage claims. We are also experienced in mediating insurance coverage disputes.
- Individual policyholders
- Won a summary judgment for homeowners seeking a defense from their carrier in a mold claim.
- Represented a policyholder and real estate developer when the carrier sued and said there was no coverage due to a pollution exclusion.
- Represented homeowners in indemnification issues in residential construction cases.
- Represented a technology company regarding defense and indemnity issues in a World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) proceeding.
- Represented a carrier with an indemnification issue for an Emergency Service District in a FLSA action.
- Won a summary judgment for a technology company seeking a defense for an employment practices case in California.
- Represented a railroad against two insurance carriers on indemnification issues.
- Represented a non-profit risk management fund against a reinsurer on the reinsurer’s duty to indemnify.
- Represented clients in potential excess exposure cases.
- Analyzed coverage issues for insurance carriers.
For more information on our extensive experience analyzing coverage issues with workers’ compensation insurance, contact Joe Anderson.