Liz is committed to helping clients achieve their goals, whether it’s protecting their loved ones or tailoring a solution to a unique set of legal needs.
Prior to joining BAJB, Liz’s practice focused primarily on public policy and public interest work. Having drafted, reviewed, and edited numerous pieces of legislation, Liz has developed an eye for detail and a keen ability to analyze a problem and craft a precise solution. During law school, Liz was the Editor-in-Chief of a law journal, the Texas Journal of Civil Liberties and Civil Rights. As a law student, she spent her summers clerking for public interest organizations.
Liz graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 2003. After receiving her undergraduate degree in government also from the University of Texas, Liz dedicated a year to public service as an Americorp VISTA. Because she has lived in Austin since high school, she likes to consider herself a native Austinite.
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Journal, Board of Editors
- Estate Planning and Probate Section – Austin Bar Association
- Barbara Jordan Inn of Court
- Austin LGBT Bar Association, President – 2014-2015
- Austin Bar/Austin Young Lawyers Leadership Academy – 2014
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- Austin Young Lawyers Trial Academy – 2013
- Downtown Austin Community Court Advisory Committee (2015 – 2017)
- Austin Human Rights Commission, City Commissioner (2008 – 2015)
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, Board of Directors (2013 – 2017)
Publications and Speaking Engagements:
- Author, Family Protections in Probate, Texas Bar Journal, March 2018.
- Speaker, “Gerrymandering: Where to Draw the Line,” Barbara Jordan Inn of Court, March 2018.
- Speaker, “What Family Law Attorneys Should Know About Probate,” Legal Issues in Changing Times, December 13, 2017.
- Co-Author, “Family Law: Parentage and Adoption Update, Probate Issues for LGBT Clients,” State Bar of Texas.
- Speaker, Bench Bar Conference, Austin Bar Association, “Battle Lines in a Post-Obergefell World,” May 2017.
- Speaker, “Alien Tort Statute: Litigating Falun Gong in the United States,” Barbara Jordan Inn of Court, October 4, 2016.
- Speaker, “SCOTUS in Transition: The Scalia Vacancy & How it Impacts the Court,” Barbara Jordan Inn of Court, April 5, 2016.
- Speaker, “Probate Basics,” Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas Wills Clinic Training, November 2016.
- Speaker, “An Introduction to Wills,” Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas Wills Clinic Training, October 7, 2015.
- Speaker, Texas Association of Legal Professionals Fall Educational Conference, September 19, 2015.
- Guest Lecturer, Texas State University, Fiduciary Law, February 17, 2015.
- Panelist, Life After Marriage, William Wayne Justice Center for Public Interest Law, Texas Journal on Civil Liberties and Civil Rights, February 13, 2015.
- Author, “Marriage for All: The Legal Impact of Obergefell v. Hodges,” Texas Bar Journal, September 2015.